At Clarkson Dental Group, we prefer composite resin fillings to repair cavities and strengthen decayed teeth. Unlike silver amalgam fillings, composite fillings bond directly to the tooth’s enamel, resulting in less tooth removal.
What Is a Composite Resin Filling?
A composite resin filling—also known as a tooth-colored filling—is made from a composite resin material that your dentist matches to the natural shade of your teeth. Your dentist uses this material to restore tooth decay and improve the appearance of the decayed tooth.
We start by matching the resin to the shade of your surrounding teeth and applying it in layers onto the tooth. We cure it with a special light to solidify the filling with each layer. Finally, we polish the restored tooth, so your smile looks as good as new.
Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Composite resin fillings look natural, so you don’t have to worry about dark lines on your teeth or gums caused by amalgam.
- Composite resin fillings are flexible yet durable so that they can last for many years.
- They equally distribute chewing forces, reducing the risk of dental fractures.
- Placing a composite resin filling is a quick and painless treatment.
- Composite resin fillings don’t require as much tooth preparation as amalgam fillings.
- Tooth-colored fillings don’t contain mercury, which many patients appreciate.
Contact Your Chesterfield Dentist Today
Do you have a cavity and want to maintain a beautiful, white smile? Please contact our Chesterfield dental office today to schedule your consultation or learn more about our in-house dental membership plan.
We serve Chesterfield, Wildwood, Ellisville, Town and Country, Clarkson Valley, Ballwin, and surrounding locales.