At Clarkson Dental Group, Our team has safely provided IV Moderate Sedation for all types of dental treatment in a safe and relaxing environment. Through our years of experience in sedation, we have created recommendations to guide you comfortably through your sedation procedures. Here's what you should know.
We know you will have questions regarding your dental care and sedation appointment. We understand this can be overwhelming, and we want you to know we are here to help.
Here are some initial considerations to account for before your dental sedation:
- No food or drink 6 hours before your IV Moderate Sedation appointment.
- You must have a responsible adult who will drive you home after your dental sedation appointment.
- You must have a responsible adult available to monitor you for 24 hours after your dental sedation appointment.
- You have made arrangements to care for minor children after your sedation appointment.
- You will not drive or operate a motor vehicle.
During Your IV Moderate Sedation Procedure
Here's what you can expect during a procedure with IV Moderate Sedation in Chesterfield, MO.
- Comfort. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure your comfort during your dental procedure. This may include pillows, blankets, or body support.
- Continuous monitoring. We constantly monitor your sedation during your procedure, utilizing years of experience, state-of-the-art equipment, and close uninterrupted visualization.
- Excellence in care. For over 30 years, our team's provided optimal care for Chesterfield patients and the surrounding St. Louis community. We provide exceptional dental care in a relaxed and unhurried atmosphere that allows us to get to know you and your personal goals.
It would be best if you took the time to care for yourself after your IV Moderate Sedation appointment. We strongly encourage you to take it easy. Now is the time to catch up on some of your favorite movies or missed television series.
Here are some additional guidelines to follow after your appointment:
- Exercise. Please refrain from strenuous activities after your sedation appointment. This includes heavy lifting or moving. Also, avoid yard work and major house chores.
- Medications. If your physician or our office has prescribed medications for you to take, there are essential steps to remember. First, always inform our team of all prescribed and over-the-counter medications that you take. In most cases, we recommend you not alter your prescribed medications and advise that you take them accordingly. You must follow the prescription instructions provided with your medications.
- Work. You may return to work 24 hours after your dental sedation appointment.
- Eating. This is understandably one of our most common questions. We encourage patients to eat as they feel comfortable when they return home. It is essential to re-hydrate as well. Remember, two important aspects. First, we administer a local anesthetic during your IV Sedation for most of our dental procedures. Please be careful to ensure you do not chew or bite your tongue, lips, or cheeks while you are numb. In addition, any hot foods should be allowed ample time to cool to prevent burning yourself. Finally, it is important to eat something every time you take your medication. This helps reduce the risk of upset stomach or nausea due to taking medications on an empty stomach.
Local Experience You Can Trust
Over the last decade, our team has provided compassionate care for residents of Chesterfield and the surrounding communities of Wildwood, Ellisville, Town and Country, Clarkson Valley, and Ballwin. If sedation dentistry, or other dental care, is something we can assist you with, please let us know. Likewise, if you have any concerns or questions regarding your care, please reach out to our experienced team, and we will be happy to help you achieve your oral health goals. And remember to ask about our Membership Plan.