Dental Implants in Chesterfield, MO
Living with a missing tooth can have devastating consequences—both on your self-confidence and your oral health. You might feel self-conscious about smiling, or worse, others might make unfair judgments about you based on your appearance. If you have a missing tooth that you don’t replace, this can jeopardize the remaining healthy teeth in your mouth, leading to even more tooth loss because of shifting and difficulty with maintaining good oral hygiene in this area.
Dental implants offer us options never before possible in tooth replacement. We can restore single, multiple, or an entire arch of missing teeth with dental implants. Patients at our Chesterfield, MO dental office who have undergone the dental implant process all say the same thing: “It was much easier than I expected.”
Through the years, Dr. Mahlin has undergone extensive surgical and prosthetic implant training through the world-renowned Misch International Implant Institute. With Dr. Carl Misch serving as one of his many mentors, Dr. Mahlin has acquired both Surgical and Prosthetic Implant Fellowships through the institute and holds Fellowship standing with the International Congress of Oral Implantology.
Most people make fine candidates for this life-changing tooth replacement option. Find out more by contacting Dr. Scott Mahlin at Clarkson Dental Group.
The Dental Implant Difference
Dentures have been around for a long time, and for many people, they are a perfectly adequate replacement for missing teeth. But the benefits of dental implants are hard to deny.
- Because dental implants become integrated into your bone, you have the stability you cannot have with dentures alone. You can speak with confidence and eat all of your favorite foods with dental implants—without worry or restrictions.
- Dental implants protect your bone health because they take the place of your tooth root, signaling the body to continue sending nutrients to stimulate the bone.
- Dental implants are just as easy to take care of as your natural teeth. Since you don’t remove them for cleaning, you simply brush and floss as you normally would. Implants cannot develop decay the way your natural teeth can, but you are still vulnerable to gum infection. Routine visits to our dental office for checkups and cleanings are essential.
- With proper care, your dental implants can last for the rest of your life.
- Nothing looks and feels more like your natural tooth than dental implants. You may even forget you have them!
The Dental Implant Process
Your first step is to make an appointment to talk about dental implants with Dr. Mahlin. He will conduct an examination to assess your overall oral health and to determine whether you have the bone density to support dental implants. If you don’t, he can talk to you about your options for building up the bone.
If your oral health is good enough to support dental implants, your next course of action will depend on the type of dental implants you will be getting.
Single dental implants—If you have just one tooth to replace, you might opt for a dental implant to replace it. After the healing process, which usually takes about three to four months, Dr. Mahlin will put the dental crown restoration on the implant to complete it.
Find Out More about Dental Implants in St. Louis, MO
You don’t have to live with missing teeth. Call Clarkson Dental Group today to find out more about your options.